Thursday 24 April 2014

My best friend works for City of Joburg Municipality and is sometimes PA to the city manager. After seeingn sone of the run-down buildings in some parts of the city I asked her what the city council was doing abput the filth of those parts of the city. She told me; "We've tried everything". I asked what, and she told me that the council wanted to get all informal traders out of the city walkways and pavement because they were the cause of most of the pollution. The council won the case and all informal traders were out of the city, and surprisingly, the streets were clean, even in the most crowded parts of the city. Twp weeks later the matter was brought back to the and the judge ruled against the council. Everyone is back and the city is back to what it was.

Here are some pictures I took of one part of the city I usually just drive through.
This open area was empty, with driving school trucks dring around the entire field. This was my first time setting foot here so I kind of wondered what happens in this part of town. I got my answer the next when I was on my way to walk and I drove passed dozens of taxis. 

The sign on this thing says "Danger! Mining Area". Maybe thete is an abandoned mine below, who knows?

Looking towards the M1 and some abandoned buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment